When did abacus got invented?
- Now let us understand the history of abacus.
- As per research done this magical tool abacus was invented by Chinese 5000 years ago.
- Abacus is derived from Latin word Abax which means a flat board with beads for calculation purposes.
- Before the invention of abacus people used the fingers or pebbles for arithmetic calculations.
- Abacus is a flat wooden board with frames on all four sides, with a bar in between and vertical rods.
- There are 4 beads in the lower part of the bar and 1 bead in the upper part of the bar.
- Some research shows that it was widely used in Babylon, Japan, Egypt is and some of the European countries long time before.
- Now the importance of abacus is spreading widely in many countries looking at the benefits of it.