The Braintree math tool for addition and subtraction is a simple educational device specially designed with patent features for early use by children from pre-KG to First and Second Grades. It is especially useful for students in special education.
The objectives of using the tool are as follows:
- To learn and develop a strong number sense.
- To Understand properties of addition.
- To Recognize patterns and relationships among numbers.
- To Enhance memory and mental skills through building concepts.
- To Develop algebraic thinking
The colourful and student friendly device presents the number sequence on slideable and rotatable blocks that serve as the reckoning slide on the top row, and provides a set of movable blocks on the bottom slide that are aligned neatly with the blocks on the top row in matching colors to help with counting and solving problems. This design helps build Maths foundation in children and improve classroom performance by:
- Combining all modes of learning – kinesthetic, tactile, and visual.
- Minimizing errors associated with loose pieces and use of fingers.
- Helping to visualize patterns and relationships with ease.
- Children can explore one or more numbers on a daily basis and master addition facts of each number and learn various combinations of arriving at the number in a systematic way.
- Once the children are taught the use of the tool for the first few numbers, they can use it for learning other numbers and to develop a strong number sense.
- The repeated use of the tool will give them a clear understanding of the numbers, thereby enabling them to memorize addition and subtraction facts with ease, in turn encouraging them to like Math.
- The use of the tool also helps in laying the foundation of mental arithmetic.
BENEFITS OF BRAIN TREE:
- Gain confidence in their math’s abilities.
- Grow academically.
The programme is for the age group of 3 to 4.5 years.
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Duration per level – 12 – 16 weeks.
- One session per week of 2 hours.
- Two sessions per week of 1 hour each.
- Students per class – 12 to 15.
- Certificates are awarded on the successful completion of each level.
- BRAIN TREE TOOL